Skip to content
- The original candy cane had a shape different then the modern day design. It was straight, all white, and hard.
- A candy cane turned upside down reveals the letter J, which many believe represents Jesus.
- National candy cane day is celebrates on December 26 in the United States.
- The first candy cane was made over 350 years ago.
- The first historical reference in America to the candy cane dates back to 1847. A German immigrant from Wooster, Ohio decorated his Christmas tree with candy canes.
- The red and white striped candy canes were first made around 1900.
- The traditional candy cane flavor is peppermint, however, it is also made in a variety of other flavors and colored stripes.
- Over 1.76 billion candy canes are made each year.
- The biggest candy cane ever made was
36 feet 7 inches 51 feet long (see this news).
- Candy canes are sometimes as a topping for foods such as ice cream or as an additive to drinks such as hot chocolate. They are hung as decorations on Christmas Trees.
- Nearly 2 billion candy canes will be sold in the four weeks before Christmas and Hanukkah.